By Tina Rockhold
Development director, Wamego Hospital Foundation
On behalf of the board, we are exciting to launch the fundraising campaign to upgrade to 3D mammography at Wamego Health Center! As noted last night, the benefits are numerous. Here is a quick recap:
- 3D is the gold standard in breast imaging, allowing earlier detection of cancer.
- The superior image quality makes it much easier in some cases for radiologist to detect cancer that may not be visible with 2D technology.
- Bringing 3D breast imaging to Wamego Health Center gives our loved ones the opportunity to receive screenings closer to home or work alleviating the burden of travel, and more importantly receive treatments sooner if necessary.
Projects of this magnitude are only possible with support from donors who believe in the mission of providing exceptional healthcare at the local level. Your philanthropic support for the 3D mammography campaign will help patients access the finest in breast cancer detection.
The first fundraiser for the 3D mammography campaign is Wamego Match Day on Friday, June 7, 2019. On that day, Wamego Community Foundation will match donations made by to Wamego Hospital Foundation at .50 cents per $1. Any contribution made on Match Day 2019 will be designated to the 3D mammography campaign.
Here’s how it works:
- Visit Iron Clad in Wamego between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. on June 7. Gifts can be made by cash, check or online using a credit card.
- Online Match Day gifts can made anytime that day. Simply visit www.wamegomatchday.com to donate. Profiles for the organization participating in Match Day are already visible at the website.
If you have any questions about the 3D mammography campaign or how the Wamego Hospital Foundation is involved with Wamego Match Day on June 7, please contact me. I look forward to talking with you.
Meanwhile, to learn more about the foundation or to make a donation visit our website. Again, thank you for your support!
(Photo from the Foundation’s Open House on Thursday, May 2 at the Wamego Health Center Cafe.)