At Wamego Health Center, we believe that including loved ones and caregivers in the healing process enhances our patients’ hospital stay and recovery.
Visitation hours at Wamego Health Center are from 7a-7p. WHC allows patients to have visitors of their choice including a spouse, domestic partner (including same-sex domestic partners), family members, friends or other individuals regardless of category of acquaintance. WHC does not restrict, limit or deny visitation privileges based upon race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability. WHC allows visitation of children who are 12 years of age and younger, as long as they are accompanied by a responsible adult. It is Wamego Health Center’s philosophy that children help to provide a healing presence for our patients and families.
- Each visitor is to wear a hospital mask which will be worn during the entire visit.
- Limit to two (2) visitors per day for patients on med/surg.
- Limit one (1) visitor per patient in the ER, clinic, and surgery departments.
- Limit movement within the hospital only to the patient’s room and restrooms, and adhere to appropriate social distancing with staff, patients and other visitors.
- Visiting hours are between 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily.
- Visitors are not to sit on the patient’s bed.
- Patient restroom should not be used by visitors.
- Do not visit the patient if you are not feeling well.
- Follow all contact precaution signs placed outside the patient’s room. This is to protect the patient, the visitor, and other patients from potential infection.
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer before and after you visit the patient
- For visitors coming to see patients with a positive covid-19 diagnosis: Visitors may NOT enter the room during an Aerosol Generating Procedure, such as a nebulizer breathing treatment (AGP) and must wait 60 minutes post AGP.