Wamego Health Center’s Administrator, Shannan Flach, resigned from her position last week. Shannan served in the role of Administrator for 8 years. During her tenure, Wamego Health Center received national and local recognition for the following:
- Modern Healthcare’s Best Place to Work in Healthcare list three straight years
- 14 patient satisfaction awards
- Studer Group Organization of the Month (excellence in patient experience)
- Kansas Organization of the Year from the Kansas Community Collaboration of Community Service
- Wamego Chamber Organization of the Year
Shannan and Wamego Health Center’s Leadership Team also:
- Improved Quality Core Measures from the 50th to the 100th percentile
- Reduced annual staff turnover from 39% to 8% (national healthcare average is 21%)
- Added key services including :
- full time Emergency Room coverage
- two additional family practice physicians
- expansion of rehabilitation services
- Cardiac Rehab program implementation
Shannan is a strong advocate for rural health and community involvement. This is evidenced by her involvement with the Kansas Hospital Association, speaking to the Kansas Legislature, and serving on local community boards and committees.
Wamego Health Center will begin their search for a new Administrator in the coming weeks. In the Interim, Bob Copple, Via Christi Manhattan Senior Administrator, Jim Fraser, Via Christi Manhattan Finance Administrator, Steve Land, Wamego Health Center Director of Rehabilitation and Brock Wedman, Wamego Health Center Director of Patient Care will serve as Administrative Contact for Wamego Health Center.