Heartland Rehabilitation Center, housed within Wamego Health Center, offers a full scope of therapy services for both community members and Wamego Health Center patients.
Our licensed and certified professionals use state of the art technologies and equipment to provide the most advanced care possible. Our atmosphere is friendly and comfortable. Our therapists take pride in providing compassionate therapy based on each patient’s individual needs.
Our services include:
- Physical Therapy: We work with you to address neck, back shoulder and leg pain along with balance and gait impairments
- Occupational Therapy: Focuses on treatment of shoulder, elbow, wrist, and hand dysfunction. It also includes splinting for the arm.
- Speech Therapy: We treat cognitive, speech-language and voice disorders as well as swallowing impairments.
- Cardiac Rehab: We offer carefully monitored exercise, education, and counseling for patients with any form of heart disease or who have experienced a cardiac episode.
- Hand Therapy: We now offer advanced therapy care to patients with injuries, work-related conditions, inflammation disorders, nerve injuries and compressions, tendon injuries/repairs, disorders and more.
As a patient at Heartland Rehabilitation, you will receive an individualized evaluation from which our highly trained staff can design a customized care plan. We work closely with your physician, resulting in a more efficient and effective recovery process. Our goal is to improve your health, restore mobility and enhance function quickly, efficiently and effectively.
A few of the techniques we provide include:
- Manual therapy, which consists of a variety of hands on techniques to address bone and muscle pain and dysfunction.
- Therapeutic exercise, including programs customized for each patient using our state of the art rehabilitation equipment.
- Modalities, which include therapy such as electrical stimulation and ultrasound used to re-educate muscles and decrease inflammation and pain.
- Activities of daily living (ADL’s), consists of working on the tasks a person completes in a normal day. ADL’s may require specific training in adaptive equipment to increase your ability to perform a task, including bathing, dressing, toileting, housekeeping, driving and shopping.
The therapists at Heartland Rehabilitation have cared for the physical therapy and rehabilitation needs of the Wamego community for more than 60 years. We are proud of our legacy of excellent service to our patients and the community.
To make an appointment or Referral call (785) 458-7211 or fax (785) 458-7335
Our goal is to provide appointments within 48 hours of your call to us.
We accept most major insurance, workers compensation cases and motor vehicle accidents.